Mission & Vision
- To establish Emergency Radiology (ER) as an area of special interest and expertise in the field of diagnostic and interventional radiology within the European Society of Radiology (ESR) and particularly with all established committees of ESR in order to provide both a scientific forum and to promote research as well as technical developments in Emergency Radiology in Europe.
- To establish the subspecialty ER for dissemination of emergency radiological knowledge, clinical, educational and research information.
- To foster education and training in Emergency Radiology in association with strategic educational developments as elaborated in the ESR Education Committee with
– A curriculum in Emergency Radiology for inclusion in the European Training Charter and Curriculum
– Promotion and selection of ER cases for the European Diploma in Radiology
- To establish an annual scientific session at the ECR and, with the already established refresher courses, a mechanism for presentation of scientific information on various aspects of Emergency Radiology as well as continuing education.
- To advance and improve the radiologic aspects of emergent patient care and to advance the quality of diagnosis and treatment of acutely ill or injured patients by means of medical imaging and to enhance teaching and research in Emergency Radiology.
- Collaboration with the ESR, the national European radiological societies and international radiological societies, hereunder the American Society of Emergency Radiology (ASER) as well as the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), to enhance the development of standards of care in Emergency Radiology.
- To foster the development of Emergency Radiology in general and particularly in European countries.
- To promote an Emergency radiology section within the journal European Radiology and to support the publication of corresponding scientific and review papers particularly within the journals ‘European Radiology’ as well as in ‘Insights into Imaging’.
- In the Statutes of the Society the term ‘radiology’ shall mean ‘diagnostic and interventional radiology,’ A radiologist is a qualified medical practitioner who has undergone appropriate postgraduate training in diagnostic and interventional radiology.